Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

Happy Sunday!!

The recipe I have picked for today is on page 105. Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Roast Potatoes. So, I went to the store this morning to get what I needed. I ended up with Chicken Breasts rather than thighs as our wonderful store didn't have any thighs.

I must be the only adult on earth that has never minced a "real" garlic clove. I honestly have no idea what I am doing(I seriously need some cooking classes). So, I buy 2 whole garlics and think I need both of these? So, then I google "how to mince garlic" and see some pictures and it can't be that hard, right? You just cut it up into tiny pieces. Well, if anyone can screw something up, that would be me. The chicken needs to marinate for awhile so about noon, I start to mince the garlic so I can make this chicken for dinner tonite. I am seriously thinking that I need both whole garlics for this recipe. I still am not exactly sure what is right, but as I am mincing the garlic, I am thinking "this is a hell of alot of garlic" so then I google "garlic clove" and realize that each piece of the garlic is a clove and I only need 2???? So then I need to start over, as I have cut up several pieces of the garlic.

Anyway, I only used 2 of the pieces of the garlic with the 2 chicken breasts that is now marinating in the fridge. The rest of the recipe is easy. I am just an idiot when it comes to garlic. Maybe someone can tell me the answer to my question. But I guess that would mean that someone would actually have to read my blog, and I am not sure that is ever gonna happen, so I may have to find someone to ask or I may never mind the answer to my question.

When all the chicken and seasonings were "marinating" it sure did smell good.

I will post the recipe in another post.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, the whole thing you bought is a head of garlic and one piece of that is a clove. It sounds like you figured that out well enough on your own. Now that you are into cooking you need to get yourself a garlic press. They aren't very expensive and make the job a little easier. Keep it up and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete