Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bacon, Cheeddar, & Egg-Topped English Muffin



For Breakfast this morning, I made the recipe on page 20.

Bacon, Cheddar, & Egg Topped English Muffin

2 eggs
1 tsp sunflower oil
2 ounce canadian bacon
1 whole wheat english muffin
2 slices ff cheddar cheese

1. fill a medium skillet with 1 1/2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so the water is barely simmering.
2. break each egg into a separate small cup. Slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook until the yolks just begin to set, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to paper towels to drain.
3. wipe out the skillet. Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the canadian bacon and cook until heated through, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
4. place a muffin half on each of 2 plates and top each with a slice of cheddar. Top with 1 slice of bacon and 1 egg. Sprinkle with chives.

*************************************************************************************

Pretty basic. I had all the ingredients in the house, so that I why I chose this recipe first. I did substitute egg beaters for the egg. I used 2 tsp olive oil so I could get both my healthy oils in for the day. I used ff american cheese instead of cheddar cheese. no chives. I only had the lite english muffins, and it wasn't a whole wheat bun.

total ww points was 6 and this was a VERY FILLING breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I just want to know if you have taken these fantastic pics yourself or if you have scanned them from the cookbook. I'm guess you have taken them yourself and an VERY impressed. This looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete